Re: 44P-170

Andy Ball wrote:

>     In the 7.0.1 release notes I see "IBM 7044 Model 270" mentioned
> as a supported OpenFirmware-based system.  How different from this
> is the 7044 Model 170?

The Model 170 is single-CPU and allows less memory, but otherwise they are
quite similar. From reading the ofppc source I would say there is a high
probability that both models are supported.

> Has anyone tried NetBSD with either of these computers in recent years?

I doubt that. So your report would be quite valuable. Please tell us about
your experiences with it.

I'm running 7.0 on my Pegasos II, which is the only ofppc platform I have.

--
Frank Wille