RE: Efika status

On 04-Mar-2008 Robert Swindells wrote:
> rtk0 at pci0 dev 24 function 0: Realtek 8139 10/100BaseTX (rev. 0x10)
> pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A
> rtk0: couldn't map interrupt

There is an option that dumps out what it found for the map.

The map is generated in genofw_setup_pciintr_map()  If you notice, there are a
few calls to prop_dictionary_externalize.  If you change them from aprint_debug
to aprint_normal while you are hacking on that, it should make things easier.

Basically, there are three kinds of mappings:

1) True CHRP maps, where there is an interrupt-map property that lists
device/function/pin interrupt.

2) Apple interrupt maps, where each device has an interrupts property of some
kind.

3) Broken OFW maps, where nothing is written, and we ask the PCI cards what irq
to use.

Yours seems to be like #1..  but that second line of the interrupt-map propert
y is a bit odd.  I'd like to see the output of the externalize to see what it
made of it.

If you are interested in getting the EFIKA up and running, I more or less know
what needs to be done, and can help you through some of it.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/