Re: NOTICE: major changes to ofppc incoming

On 05-Jul-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
> Oh... sorry! I enabled this part some days ago, because I wanted to
> reactivate the default console. Now it works, and I get the same hang in
> pmap_bootstrap as before. But my Efika doesn't drop into ddb, like yours.

in arch/powerpc/oea/pmap.c, there are a bunch of debugging options.

in you kerenl config, define PMAPDEBUG, and then in pmap.c, look for

unsigned int pmapdebug = 0;

and change that value to 0xffff; to turn on all the debugging tricks.  Try
again with those, and post the output.  It is actually helpful.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/