Subject: RE: Identifying/using a bare NeXT slab...
To: Jon McClintock <jammer@weak.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 03/06/2000 20:58:45
On 07-Mar-00 Jon McClintock wrote:
> Also, the monitor connector is some really funky DB-19 connector. If I
> track down a DB-19 plug and solder up a cable myself, will this work
> with, say, a Sun Multisync monitor or a PC monitor?
>
> All I really need the monitor and keyboard for is initial setup; I'd like
> to run it headless.

I think you need a next monitor, because the kbd is wired through the monitor,
and the power switch is on the keyboard.

See the next68k-faq on the web page for details on how to build a serial
cable, and a nifty resistor hack to power it on.  I run mine headless like this.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>