Port-newsmips archive

Re: Status of port-newsmips?

In article <a05100302b9a8661fecec@[10.0.0.10]>
raub%kudria.com@localhost wrote:

> >Maybe it has twelve 1MB SIMMs, and you can put 4MB SIMMs instead
> >up to 64Mbytes. My NWS-3470D has 64M RAM.
>
>       Cool.  Time for some SIMM hunting then =)

NWS-3xxx machines require SIMMs with parity.
But I'm not sure if three chip SIMM works or not.
(SIMMS with 9-chips should work, though)

> NEWS> bo fh
> NetBSD/newsmips Primary Boot
> NetBSD/newsmips Secondary Boot, Revision 1.7
> (autobuild%tgm.daemon.org@localhost, Sat Sep  7 19:57:02 UTC 2002)
> Booting fh(0,0,0)
> 3788624+127656=0x3bc394
>
> and it just hang up on there.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hmm, if you got this even on serial consle, there are some problems
during initialization (for console or something).
Would you please try this image?
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/boot-newsmips-1.6H.fs
The kernel in this image will call fb initialization only on NWS-3470D.
If this does not work, more work is needed..
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost