Port-newsmips archive

Barsted News.

So I acquired this Sony NWS-3250 laptop-like thing... It's a newsmips
I'm sure.  It has an r3010 in it and what appears to be 12MB of RAM.

It has a hardware problem of some sort and I was hoping someone here might
be able to lend some help.

Basically, when I power it up, the screen backlighting comes on and the
disk spins up, but I see nothing out the serial port and nothing appears
on the screen.  Inside there are 4 LED's labelled 0,1,2,3.  Almost
immediately after powerup led #1 blinks at about 3hz.

There are two blocks of dip switches, a block of 4 and a block of 8.
Both are all "off".  I've tried various combinations and can get no
different behavior.

Does anyone have any documentation on this beast or does anyone have
any insight they can spare?