Port-mvme68k archive

Re: Installing NetBSD 5.0 on MVME-147

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 13:15:05 Mr Ian Primus wrote:

> > I suggest trying NetBSD-4 for now until I can reproduce and
> > fix this bug
> > under 5.0/current.
>
> I actually did try NetBSD 4.0.1. It crashed almost instantly with a
> VMEBus error.

Aha, that might explain it; the kernel probably thinks you have an
external VMEbus RAM card.

The NetBSD installation instructions (the part describing hardware
preparation) provide the fix:

MVME147 board, at the 147Bug prompt:

147Bug> mm fffe0764 ;l
fffe0764: xxxxxxxx? 0
fffe0768: xxxxxxxx? 0
fffe076c: xxxxxxxx? .

Writing 0 to those locations, as shown, should solve the problem.

Steve