Re: IBM Workpad z50 dmesg collection

...on Wed, May 26, 2021 at 11:57:42AM +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:

 > I borrowed an hpcmips a while back, but couldn't get it to work
 > reliably. I suspected something weird with the cache operations
 > for NEC VR4121, iirc.

The vr4121 also has a couple of errata, one of which might be
triggered by code generated by newer gcc versions?

While gcc has an -mfix-vr4120 option to work around some of them,
making use of it would require a tailored build. ("The workarounds
for the division errata rely on special functions in libgcc.a. At
present, these functions are only provided by the mips64vr*-elf
configurations", according to the gcc manpage.)

Alex.