Re: Gdium Liberty 1000

Hello,

On Jul 28, 2009, at 7:56 PM, Matt Thomas wrote:

I've recently found an inexpensive ($350US) mips64 based netbook for sale: the Gdium Liberty 1000. Getting NetBSD running on it looks fun but it needs a framebuffer driver written for it. Given the lack of serial, this will be a bit challenge. I'd be satisfied with an unaccelerated driver (genfb) to start but eventually want an accelerated fb driver.

If you're interested, please me let know.

I don't think the 1000 has much in common with other hpcmips platforms but I can't think of a better place to put it.

Do we know what kind of graphics chip the thing uses? Do we have documentation? All genfb needs is a linear framebuffer ( which all modern chips I've ever seen provide ), an address, width & height in pixels, stride in bytes, pixel size in bytes. If we can get that from whatever it's running natively you can just hardcode these values to have something to start with.
So, yeah, I'd volunteer for the kernel fb and X stuff.

have fun
Michael