Re: pdisk not updating disk label?

On Sun, Aug 14, 2022 at 08:23:41PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Can anyone get me out of this fix?  The only thing I could
> think of was to reboot in case the disklabel was somehow
> cached in memory, but unsurprisingly that didn't help.

I'm not sure of the macppc details here, but my guess is: at some time
in the past you (or sysinst, or whatever) wrote a NetBSD disklabel. In
that case maybe just deleting that (disklabel -D) could help.

After deleting the label (or maybe at next boot) the kernel will
recreate a fake disklabel from the apple partition map. In general the
kernel should prevent such labels to be written though - so this can't
really be the issue?!?

Does the output of "disklabel" differ from "disklabel -r" ?

Martin