Re: How the development of the macppc port happen?

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 12:04:08PM +0100, Umberto Cerrato wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone knows how the development of the macppc port happen?

Heh, can you rephrase the question? I am not sure it is clear what you
would like to know.

But let me use this to point out that macppc has been the winner of
the inofficial NetBSD architectures contest for quite a while, see
the ranking at the bottom of

	https://wiki.netbsd.org/releng/netbsd-10/

as the architectures with fewest failures in automatic test runs, and only
in the last 2 weeks i386 caught up and now shares the same rank.

On my dual G4 quicksilver it works amazingly well, unless when it doesn't,
that is: some updates fail when extracting sets, probably due to this machine
using two ATA disks on the internal controller (this is
https://gnats.netbsd.org/56375) and when updating works, the test run may
cause a kernel lockup (https://gnats.netbsd.org/55340) which unfortunately
does not seem to be reproducable with a LOCKDEBUG kernel.

On the other hand my G5 needs a bit of work (PRs
https://gnats.netbsd.org/56089 and https://gnats.netbsd.org/56091
at least, and also needs work on a full 64bit pmap, but for that the
serial console needs to work properly first). I'll look into those
but not before the wifi stuff is done.

Martin