Booting on QEMU

Hello,

I'm trying to understand what breaks booting older NetBSD versions (8.0 and 9.0)
when adding the other, currently missing /pci node in the device tree as per
this OpenBIOS patch:
https://mail.coreboot.org/hyperkitty/list/openbios%openbios.org@localhost/thread/PLLXF7COOJBJXKMMVHUJ6OALCIIQVRZE/

The current 9.2 version is not affected and still boots before and after but
older versions which booted without this change now get strange errors as
reported in the above OpenBIOS list thread. Any idea what may be wrong or how to
debug it further? I could not even figure out how to enable more verbose kernel
messages with ofwboot.xcf and what's printed by default did not provide enough
info.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan