Re: 4400/200 won't turn on?

Le lun. 6 sept. 2021 à 09:45, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> a écrit :
> Failing PSU would be my bet. Often can be repaired quite cheaply (or
> even DIY, but high voltage parts, not a first time electronics project).

IIRC, the 4400 has an ATX power supply or some other PC-originated standard.
(It was the 'cheap' PowerMac to compete with cloners at the time)
If so, it should be relatively easy to test with a different PSU.

Some Macs also had on-board batteries for various functions including
keyboard-based booting, but my memory is fuzzy.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau