Re: Booting on a Powerbook6,8 (was Re: Installing 8.0 on a Powerbook6,8)

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 07:47:41PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> - sparc64 does the right stuff too, although that one is obfuscated a
> bit behind their "prom_*()" API, which hides some of the differences
> because the older OpenProm and the properly-1275 OpenBOOT.

I am a bit suprised by this - as I ran into actual cases on sparc64
with similar effects as you do right now where firmware calls early
(e.g. in the bootloader) work totaly fine but not after the kernel ran
a while and the MMU state changed (but I never looked to deep into
the OF interface there).

Martin