Re: recent rasops commits vs. macppc

Hi,

On 2019/08/05 1:29, Michael wrote:
On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 11:29:58 +0900
Rin Okuyama <rokuyama.rk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
I probably found the cause of failure; new rasops allocates buffer and
stamp dynamically via kmem_alloc. This may not work in early stages
during boot.

That would do it - macppc sets up a rasops console *very* early during
kernel startup, before uvm is completely initialized. That's why there
is a RI_NO_AUTO flag to instruct rasops not to auto-generate line
drawing characters ( for fonts that don't have them ), which requires
allocating memory.

Thank you for your explanation on early console of macppc. Now, I
almost believe that the patch should resolve the problem. I will
commit it if it actually works for you.

On 2019/08/05 15:20, Michael wrote:> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 10:00:49 -0700