Re: NetBSD 8.1 on a PowerBook G3 Wallstreet

Hello Michael,

On 7/19/19 12:32 PM, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 19:38:19 -0600
> userm57%yahoo.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install NetBSD 8.1 on a PowerBook G3 Wallstreet, but I
>> wasn't able to get the instructions for the Wallstreet to work.  There
>> was a timeout after the first boot floppy.  It ejected the floppy and
>> asked for the second floppy, but then nothing happened after hitting
>> return.  I tried with the floppy module in the left bay and the CD-ROM
>> module in the right bay.
>
> This machine should just boot from CD, what exactly went wrong there?

Attempting to boot the Wallstreet from the CD didn't work.  It appears
that the CD may only be bootable on New World PowerMacs, but the
Wallstreet is an Old World system (so it can't use grub or yaboot;
GNU/Linux boots using BootX).

It does have Open Firmware, and there are instructions for the
Wallstreet in the NetBSD documentation, but they did not work (as
described above).  If it would help, I could try to capture the Open
Firmware output, if that would help.