Re: Mac Mini g4 goes into kernel panic when booting from hd

Tried the same 8.0 version again just now, made sure I didn't alter any partitions in any way during install.
Exactly the same result, a kernel panic loop.
I have the open firmware set to:

boot-device hd:,\ofwboot.xcf
boot-file netbsd

I also tried changing the boot-command setting to <<." hello" cr " screen" output boot>> just in case, but I don't think that's the problem.

Is there an earlier release that I could try instead that might work? 8.1?