Re: Netbooting mac mini g4

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 00:31:44 +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> > Autoboot works for me with boot-device set to enet:0
> >
> > Make sure you use ofwboot.elf, as my example does, not ofwboot.xcf (as
> > you seem to specify explicitely).  You might be running into
> > port-macppc/44895 here.
> >
> > Also make sure boot-command is set to
> >
> >   ." hello" cr " screen" output boot
> >
> > to make sure it boots ok even without monitor attached.
[...]
> Well, how do I make it not grey so I can see what its doing?

Have you tried the above?  Are you sure you are not using mac-boot
(though, as I said, mac-boot seems to work for me).

> Well, it does not work for me.  Now ofwboot.elf...  I found the hang
> issue, I needed to run rarpd.  But even when I do, it blanks the
> screen, does tftp, nfs, then dhcp, loses it's IP address, arps gets
> the ip address again does some more nfs, and then it becomes stuck.

Ugh, at which point does it need rarp?  Mine definitely doesn't.  May
be you have some funny OFW settings?  What is the difference in packet
traces between manual boot and auto boot.

-uwe