Re: Model support revisit

Hello,

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 23:29:02 +0000
Sevan Janiyan <venture37%geeklan.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> I thought it might be better to ask on the list than start making plans
> to amass a PowerPC Mac collection for testing purposes, though I have
> been looking at the 1.67Ghz 17 & 15" PowerBooks. :)

Alright, for looking over it for a few seconds:
- PowerBook 3400 onboard ethernet works ( I added support for that
  years ago, OF lies about its interrupt line ) but isn't bootable for
  lack of OF support. It's a PCI tlp hooked to a second interrupt
  controller...
- the problem with the Performa 6360's onboard video really is
  OpenFirmware. You can use it as OF console and I wrote a driver for
  it ( valkyriefb ) but for some strange reason it won't even load a
  boot loader unless you set the console to a serial port.
- CAPS_IS_CONTROL works only with the old ADB subsystem, I never
  bothered to port it for lack of demand, The thing is that ADB
  keyboards pretend that caps lock is a mechanically locking key, so
  you get a key down event when it's pressed the first time, and a key
  up event when it's pushed again to be released. And on some older
  keyboards ( like Extended II ) it actually *is* a mechanically locking
  key.
- OFB_ENABLE_CACHE is outdated, genfb and friends doesn't need or use
  it, and it makes no sense on accelerated drivers either

have fun
Michael