Re: Cannot boot installer on PowerBook6,8

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Sevan Janiyan <venture37%geeklan.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
> On 04/12/2017 02:13, Julio Merino wrote:
>> Ah, that makes me think I was claiming the wrong thing at first: I'm
>> not trying to install -current; I'm trying to install 8.0_BETA!
>
> :)
> Ok, what happens when you try -current then?

Just did. Same thing. See below.

>> I ended up burning the installation ISO onto a DVD... and no luck
>> either :-( Things got a bit further more consistently though: the full
>> kernel seems to be loaded instead of ofwboot just bailing out early,
>> but I think I've observed the same earlier in some attempts from USB.
>
> What are the exact steps you are taking to get going?

1. Downloaded NetBSD-8.99.8-macppc.iso (201712031040Z).

2. Burned this to a DVD.

3. Booted into OpenFirmware.

4. Ran this to confirm the contents are valid: dir cd:,

5. Ran this to boot: boot cd:,OFWBOOT.XCF;1

6. Decrementer exception :-/

--
Julio Merino -- http://julio.meroh.net/