Re: G5 powermacs

Hello,

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 16:34:10 +0100
Sevan Janiyan <venture37%geeklan.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> >> Does the kernel work though? (ignoring root file system, can you boot
> >> the kernel)
> >
> > I've not tried yet, the machine is at work and I am not (today).
>
> I left NFS in but removed everything you listed. System still hangs on
> Kernel size was 3.6MB.

Hmm, let me try on mine.
You'll likely want to have a look at the POWERMAC_G5_11_2 config I just
committed, assuming your G5 is a dual core / PCIe variant. I forgot to
commit it Way Back When for some reason, it's got the necessary support
for those machines. That one ( or a cut down subset at least )
certainly netbooted on mine ( 2GHz dual core powermac11,2 - hence the
config's name )

have fun
Michael