Re: ofwboot.xcf problem (port-macppc/44895)

>> Well, the installation notes say
>>
>>   Note:
>>   ofwboot.elf is obsoleted.  All users should be using ofwboot.xcf
>>   instead of ofwboot.elf now.
>>
>> and there's no other mention of ofwboot.elf.  If that note is no
>> longer true, the documentation should be updated.
>
> Do we have a portmaster that is not AWOL? :)

I hope you're not looking at me.  I can assist by weilding a
keyboard, but don't actually have the in-depth knowledge about
the inner workings of the port that I think is required of a
portmaster.

>> stability to my G4 Mac Minis (which, admittedly, can wedge every now
>> and then while doing pkgsrc bulk builds)?
>
> The context switch vs. FPU issue has been fixed a while ago.  It's
> been pulled up to -6:
>
>   http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/req-6.cgi?show=1310

I think this was post-6.1, right?  I do however run a kernel with
that fix in on my otherwise 6.1-running bulk build host.

> chs@ fixed the mutex issue in late February.  It's been pulled up to
> -7 but not -6, I think.  See
>
>   http://gnats.netbsd.org/44387
>
> So you might want to try to apply that change to -6 and see if that
> helps stability.

Ah, wasn't aware of that one; I might give it a try the next time
the 6.1 build host is idle.

The other mac I spun up (after disk replace) runs 7.1 and so far
has been stable (up to [3360/18459] in the build process).

Regards,

- Håvard