Re: ofwboot.xcf problem (port-macppc/44895)

On 06/02/17 20:08, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> Let me go off on a little tangent: what is the state of the support
> for the G5 PowerMacs?  Are there any "gotchas"?

Based on reading the archive, there's a gsoc project with a SF repo,
there's code in head & the effort has seen activity twice. Most recently
April 2013, which was very fruitful in relation to patches.

I have a first gen iMac G5, what's in head will not boot on it, blowing
up at the boot loader stage. Requiring a power cycle.

I have a 12" G4 PowerBook & Mac Mini but no experienced any issues with
bootloader described in this PR. Both are setup to dualboot Tiger &
NetBSD-HEAD with the Mini set to boot NetBSD by default.

The mini is running headless.

Sevan