Issues booting kernels in 7.0_RC1 (201507190150Z build)

Hi guys!,

I've had no luck with booting NetBSD 7.0_RC1 on my eMac G4 with ATi
(1GHz, PC-133 SDRAM variant). First I wanted to boot NetBSD of a
usb-stick instead of burning a cd. Using a smaller than 16MB FAT12
partition which OpenFirmware 3 can read. The NetBSD-GENERIC_MD kernel
just halted during loading, doing nothing, gunzippped or not. The
NetBSD-GENERIC does boot but crash shortly after the console switch
over to the faster framebuffer, so there's at least some signs of hope
but no progress.

So I gave up and tried to install it from the
NetBSD-7.0_RC1-macppc.iso, and I only get this:
0 > boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc load-size=559 adler32=5590001
unrecognized Client Program format

 ok
0 >

Out of curiosity I tried replacing the ofwboot.xcf and kernel to the
working installation on disk, and tried booting that. Which is also
booting with ofwboot.xcf and kernel inside a FAT12 partition. The new
ofwboot.xcf and boot the old 6.1.4 kernel just fine, but no luck with
the NetBSD-7.0_RC1 one:

>>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.12
5922276+130584|seek symbols: invalid file offset
Boot: _

Since it was almost some 2.5MB in size I tried using netbsd-GENERIC.gz
from /binary/kernels too, that gave the same error.

Don't really know where to go from here in the fault searching
progress, any suggestions?

Cheers!,
Adrian.