Re: status of NetBSD/macppc support for the PowerPC 970 (G5) CPU

I have had no luck running NetBSD-7 on my Macintosh G5, ID 7.2, don't
know of anyone who has? I get the invalid memory access message when
the NetBSD OpenFirmware Boot loader is trying to load or execute the
kernel (can't tell which of the two), and I think that is what others
are getting as well?

Don't know if it's only the newer G5 with PCIe (the modell I have,
single 1.8GHz) or all of the G5s, the port was apparently made on the
first generation G5 with AGP and assumed to work on the later ones?
I've installed and booted other *BSDs on this machine to verify that
it's not the hardware that's broken, or the openfirmware settings that
are wrong.

Adrian.