Re: installing on a g5

On 04/11/2014 09:33 PM, Christian Groessler wrote:
Hi,

On 04/10/14 10:48, Phileas Fogg wrote:

One more thing.
On my G5 it is importnat to apply the patch ofw_machdep.c.patch else
my kernel hangs just like yours.
I don't know why yet.

Hmm, seems printfs are evil at this moment.

On my machine it crashes in sys/arch/powerpc/oea/ofw_consinit.c, line
309, when it issues a printf.

regards,
chris

And i would check sys/arch/powerpc/oea/ofwoea_machdep.c
I had an overflow in

struct ofw_translations ofmap[32]

In my patch i increased the size of the array to 64 elements.
I think you have more RAM than I, maybe you should check this code
and increase the size of the array to a large value.

regards