Re: SMU support for PowerMac G5 11,2

On 07/12/2013 10:01 PM, Phileas Fogg wrote:
On 07/12/2013 08:44 PM, Phileas Fogg wrote:
But i had some lock panics :( Unfortunately, i couldn't get a ddb trace.
But i could reproduce the problem with iozone from pkgsrc today.

It panics in mutex_vector_enter with the message

'Mutex error: mutex_vector_enter: locking against myself'

Trying to debug it currently.

regards

I analyzed the problem a bit more and it is very odd.
Someone uses a spin mutex on a single-processor kernel,
which will never work because spinning on a single processor
doesn't make sense.
And mutex_vector_enter checks the type of a mutex
and if it's a spin mutex and we do not run in multiprocessor
mode then it panics.

regards

It was my fault.
The SMU doorbel interrupt was established with ipl IPL_NONE.
That caused problems with wakeup.

Regards