Still Smoking gun: Chopping between 5.2 and 6.0.1

At 10:24 AM -0400 3/18/13, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>On Mar 18,  8:05am, MacPPC2%c.icompute.com@localhost (Donald Lee) wrote:
>-- Subject: Re: Smoking gun: NetBSD 6.0.1 userland instability
>
>| >You ban bisect by date by:
>| >
>| >    cvs checkout -D YYYY-MM-DD src -P
>| >or
>| >    cvs update -D YYYY-MM-DD -P
>| >

>| >christos
>|

>| Yes, but only if I know what dates to use, which requires knowing what dates
>| line up with the various versions...
>
>So, pick a file that changes frequently (src/sys/param.h for example)
>cvs log it, and match the versions with the tags and then lookup the
>dates from the versions.
>
>christos

Cool.  I did that.  I tried checkout of 5.2 stable, 6.0 release, and 6.1 RC2.

My bug is between 5.2 and 6.0, so I have to "chop" between a
starting date of Dec 18, 2012 and an ending date of Dec 17, 2012.

Hmmmmm.... That looks problematic.

I am aware of the branches, but not familiar with the naming conventions
on the tags and versions.  I'm going to dig into that single file
(very helpful) and see if I can figure it out, but I will likely have
more questions.

Thanks,

-dgl-