NetBSD on a PowerMac G5

Hello,

I am really tempted to purchase a PowerMac G5 Quad to run
NetBSD/macppc on. (Why? Just because! I've always wanted one of these
old beasts and their second-hand prices seem quite decent.)

How does NetBSD run on these machines nowadays? If I have read things
correctly, SMP is supported but 64 bits are not.

What about other hardware? Will the sound card and the ethernet card
work? Will the graphics card (some form of GeForce, probably 6600) run
reasonably well under X11?

And out of curiosity: if any of you has one of these machines, how
fast is a "build.sh -j4 release"?

Thanks!

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv