yaboot and ofwboot

I have been playing recently with dual-booted (linux/netbsd) PowerMAC G4
and now I'm stuck with following behaviour:

1. Commands:
   - boot hd:,\ofwboot.xcf or
   - boot hd:,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd
   called from Open Firmware enabled by pressing "Option"+"Command"+"o"+"f"
   works fine.

2. Same commands called from - slightly hacked - yaboot script[a] or from
   Open Firmware when yaboot script was loaded (i.e. after hitting 'o'
   key in menu) leads to lock (without additional info) after 'start=0x100000'
   message from owfboot.

3. I tested ofwboot.xcf from netbsd-5 and netbsd-6 branch with netbsd-5,
   netbsd-6 and netbsd-current GENERIC kernel without success.

Any hints, suggestions? I'm not familiar with macppc nor open firmware
and any help will be appreciated.

a - http://smutek.pl/netbsd/ofboot.b

--
Piotr 'aniou' Meyer