Re: -current on PowerBook G4 667 (TiBook)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, Michael wrote:

I wrote:

Mouse operation deteriorates over time.  After a few hours, the mouse
will lose a coordinate, or be limited to a small region of the upper
left portion of the screen, and eventually, be stuck in the upper left
corner of the screen.  I was using the trackpad exclusively at the time,

That's a bug in Xorg's mouse acceleration code, xset m 0 0 fixes it
but yes, it's incredibly annoying.

I set up my ~/.x{initrc,session} to run 'xset m 0 0' when the serverhost
is the TiBook.  Alas, the mouse still breaks, although I think it takes
longer for it to occur.

I recall reading about trouble getting the backlight on some systems to
turn on again if turned off for screen blanking, so the default was to
leave the backlight on all the time.  Has there been any development in
that area?  It would be nice if my LCD's backlight would turn off.  Is
there something that can be adjusted manually/scripted to do this?