Re: -current on PowerBook G4 667 (TiBook)

Hello,

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:17:41 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On 15 July 2012 14:30, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >> Mouse operation deteriorates over time.  After a few hours, the mouse
> >> will lose a coordinate, or be limited to a small region of the upper
> >> left portion of the screen, and eventually, be stuck in the upper left
> >> corner of the screen.  I was using the trackpad exclusively at the time,
> >> but plugging in a USB mouse after the fact didn't change the behavior.
> >
> > That's a bug in Xorg's mouse acceleration code, xset m 0 0 fixes it but
> > yes, it's incredibly annoying.
>
> Interestingly on NetBSD/vax the mouse acceleration seems to end up
> using uninitialised data and crashing the server - I wonder if its
> related....

Maybe, I wouldn't be overly surprised. Sparc64 behaves like macppc here and I
haven't seen it on shark, so it's probably an endianness bug hiding somewhere.

have fun
Michael

--
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost>