Re: original iMac problems

On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, Michael wrote:

So X doesn't get things right either? It should at the very least get its hash pattern all over the screen, in the right colours, and you have enough video memory to do 1024x768 in 24bit. Now we're officially entering twilight zone territory. The reason why I asked this is this - I suspect we're not initializing enough of the drawing engine, and on other hardware this is no problem because the firmware did it for us. I wanted to see if X initializes it so machfb can work right after X exits.

That machfb works if I first let MacOS X touch the hardware would seem
to support this.

Any chance to mail me the Xorg.0.log?

Grab it here:

  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/nbsd-debug/bondi-069908-machfb-Xorg.0.log

It is rather unremarkable until the very last line.