On-disk kernel hanging after install

Hello,

I had a Mac Mini G4 1.2Ghz happily running NetBSD 5.1.  For some
reason I'm not going to bother you with, I have had to reinstall OS X
on the machine and now I am trying to get NetBSD back in, but this
time shooting for a -current snapshot.

I have built NetBSD-current today and the installer works just fine:
"boot cd:,OFWBOOT.XCF;1" gets me into sysinst and everything works
perfectly.  Note that I had to manually set up a pdisk similar to the
following:

 #:                type name      length   base      ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple         63 @ 1
 2:           Apple_HFS Boot      204800 @ 64        (100.0M)
 3:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Swap     2097152 @ 204864    (  1.0G) S1  SFS k0  (swap)
 4:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Root   153999472 @ 2302016   ( 73.4G) S0 RUFS k0  /

Then I copied ofwboot.xcf into the Boot partition (with hfsutils, but
also tried from within the OS X installer).  The funny thing is the
machine is unable to boot.  When it loads the on-disk kernel, it
either freezes after "No ADB support present, assuming USB keyboard"
or panics immediately afterwards.  (I'm using
boot-device=hd:,\ofwboot.xcf and boot-file=netbsd , which are the
exact same settings I had before the reinstall.)

I have tried everything I could think of so far.  I "downgraded" the
root partition from ffsv2 to ffsv1 with the same results, tried the
ofwboot.xcf from the cd and from /usr/mdec, and I even tried putting
the installer kernel as /netbsd on the root disk to see if things
moved at all.  But the same problems pops over and over again.  The
weirdest thing is the latter I mention: how come the exact same
installer kernel boots just fine from the cd but panics from the hard
disk?

Any other ideas / tips?

Thanks,

PS: Where I said pdisk above, I also tried to recreate the partitions
using "Disk Utility" from the OS X installer just to prevent partition
boundary oddities.

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv