Re: Problem with my PowerBook NVRAM

Frank Wille wrote:

> After a bad kernel crash my PowerBook5,6 no longer enters OpenFirmware
> and doesn't play the startup chime anymore. It shows a grey screen with
> an Apple icon instead.
> [...]

In case anybody is experiencing the same problem, I found the solution:

Seems that the kernel crash corrupted my nvram. This is probably the reason
I could not change the nvram anymore. And the missing startup-chime just
means that something was wrong during the self-test?

Entering OF and typing "reset-nvram" helped.

--
Frank Wille