Re: Installing and booting and OF3 machine from a single empty internaldisk, not working

> And my G4 eMac still doesn't boot :) I was told to try booting a
> kernel directly via tftp but I don't like this solution very much. It
> seems like the firmware isn't getting DHCP info correctly, and I think
> other people booting other operating systems are having the same
> problem. But I didn't spend too much time on it yet.

When I checked what actually failed on my G4 on netboot,
it looked that OpenFirmware sent a bootp request on OF_open() call
in src/sys/arch/macppc/stand/ofwboot/ofdev.c:devopen()
and dhcp server answered it, but OF didn't accept it.

I'm afraid there is another OF quirks, but I wonder if there is
any other OS which can open files via network on OF3 machines..
---
Izumi Tsutsui