G4 Cube headless?

Hello,

does anyone on this list have a G4 Cube that operates truly headless, that means
with the graphic card removed? I use my Cube as a 24/7 home server and therefore
power consumption is a real factor, so i thought it would be nice if this box
could operate without the unneeded graphic card.

Simply removing the card caused the system not to boot. Then i set
input-device and output-device to scca and that caused the white LED to flash,
and the cube entered an infinite reboot loop (LED flashing, disk making some
noise
and then start over again).

Any ideas what i could do to make it boot without the graphic card?

Bye,

    andre