Re: NetBSD does not recognize USB keyboard

Hello,
FYI: If you just sent a post to port-macppc%netbsd.org@localhost, I will not get two email messages. The BootROM version is 4.2.5f1 and lists the following related devalias:

        adb                             /pci@F2000000/mac-io@17/via-pmu/adb
        adb-keyboard    /pci@F2000000/mac-io@17/via-pmu/adb-keyboard
        adb-mouse               /pci@F2000000/mac-io@17/via-pmu/adb-mouse
        keyboard                /pseudo-hid/keyboard
        mouse                   /pseudo-hid/mouse

with pseudo-hid not defined. Under my configuration, the pseudo-hid alias should be

        pseudo-hid              /pci@F2000000/usb@18/hub@1/hub@1/device@1

because I have two external hubs fanned out rather than serialized. The fact that pseudo-hid is not defined means it does not matter if the keyboard is directly connected to the box or not, it still will not be seen via alias.

        dev / ls shows the following at /pci@F2000000/mac-io@17/via-pmu:

        /rtc
        /power-mgt
        /power-mgt/usb-power-mgt

Any attempt to select-dev the adb, adb-keyboard, adb-mouse, keyboard, and mouse alias resulted in a cannot open device reply.

        Does this help?
Frank