Re: does someone have a working Beige G3 rev. a

Hi,

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> > setenv real-base F00000
> > setenv boot-device pci/@D/@0:0
> > reset-all
>
> You didn't set load-base?

load-base was already set to: 600000

> > I really wonder if I don't have a hardware problem. I wish that I
> > could
> > find someone with a known working Beige G3 firmware 2.0fl system.
>
> As I told you before - I have one. Since I never got NetBSD to boot
> from CD I installed it via network.

Well, I guess the question should have been does anyone have a working
Beige G3 rev. a (hardware and with NetBSD) that they would like to sell?

I am still not able to get either one of the open firmware 2.0fl systems
to boot. I just can't understand it because the 2.4 system I was able to
get working and I did exactly the same thing with both of them. I just
can't understand what I am missing. I guess that I could have the wrong
mac address, but most of the time nothing is logged on the dhcpd server.
Also, I guess that I may need to reinstall with 2.0fl system before it
will boot from the drive.

Thanks,
Al