Re: Planning for NetBSD 5.0

> > Or could this be caused by fragile hardware?
>
> That sounds plausible.

Okay, after overhauling the machine, now 4.0 is successfully
installed via mesh CD-ROM and 4.0 GENERIC seems to work fine.
Copying whole sources from NFS via rtk(4) to wd0 by tar(1) seems
working, but the same command with the same hardware configuration
still causes lockup on -current kernel.

I'll see how 4.0 GENERIC kernel goes on build.sh etc.

BTW, as noted in PR port-macppc/38016, installboot against /dev/rwd0a
fails since we have switched to using MI bounds_check_with_label(),
but sysinst still tries it. Maybe we should fix installboot(8) to use
DIOCWLABEL ioctl as i386, or fix sysinst to use wd0c for workaround.
---
Izumi Tsutsui