Re: Beige G3 webserver

Hi,

Well, after alot of trial and mostly error, I have successfully netbooted
the Beige G3. This is yet another Beige G3. This one seems to be working.
On the other systems I was not able to load OSX 10.2.x, it would either
just not do it or start to boot, but never finish. Infact, in the Beige G3
desktop, I had a cdrom failure and a hard drive failure.

This is what I did:

Install OSX 10.2.x
held down command-alt-o-f on the reboot
setenv auto-boot? false
setenv real-base F00000
setenv boot-device enet:,ofwboot.xcf
setenv boot-file netbsd
reset-all
0 bootr (boot enet still doesn't work)

Here is where I still have some problems:

After it reaches a certain place in its boot up it only seems to use maybe
the top couple of inches of monitor and what is there is pretty much
scrambled.

I have a scsi card from a Beige G3 server, I have my drives plugged into
it, but when I run pdisk, pdisk will not create a Apple_HFS partition, it
says that it failed.

The real-base seems to go back to default after a few boots or maybe a few
unsuccessful boots or if I change anything else in the firmware I need to
reput in setenv real-base F00000 before I type reset-all.

I still have yet to successfully boot from a local drive.

Also, I have a monitor adaptor for a PC, but when it is in open firmware
the screen is totally black. Is there anyway to fix this?

I hate to ask so many stupid questions, but I am in desperate need of
another server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Al