Re: How to access to Open Firmware via Null-modem?

Hi

Use ttya ( should be labeled 'modem' or something like that ) on the
mac, make sure to disable any handshaking on the PC.

> I've do something similar with a Sun's Enterprise 250 and works fine!

What kid of cable did you use? One intended for Macs or Suns or
something completely different? Macs serial ports are different from
Sun and SGI ones even though they're using the same connector and the
data lines are on the same pins - everything else, like handshake for
instance - is different. So if you configured hardware handshake it
will stall. If you configured software handshake you'll likely get
funny results since OpenFirmware doesn't enable it and I'm not sure
it even supports it.
Play a little bit with your terminal settings, early Apple OF doesn't
always behave logically or as documented.

Finally, I dimly remember using 57600kBit/s but that might be a wrong
memory.

have fun
Michael

--
I've different cable to connect to Sun E250 and to connect to Mac.

The mac adapter is connected from ttya (the connector with a modem) to the
serial in my PC (Debian). No one software are using that port. I use minicom
to connect via modem.
I'm testing different configurations in minicom (from 9600 kBit/s to 576000)
but i don't have any signal from the Mac. I'll trying again.