Port-mac68k archive

Re: bootable mac68k iso (Was: Tools mkhybrid(8) for mac68k/macppcISO9660/HFS install ISO images

Hi Izumi,

On 6/5/24 9:04 AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> abs@ wrote:
>
>> tsutsui@ - I don't want to interfere with anything you may be doing,
>> but would it be helpful if I tried to determine the correct set of
>> pullups to get the current mac68k bootable iso changes into -10. (I'm
>> working on the assumption that we can always send further pullups
>> later for macppc and anything else as needed), or would you prefer
>> everything as one huge pullup?
>
> Well, my primary motivation is to make macppc bootable CD for
> OF 1/2 machines (i.e. ISO9660/HFS hybrid with apple partition map)
> in our source tree that was started back in 2005,
>  https://gnats.netbsd.org/30245
> so pullups will happen after all changes will be complete and settled
> (unless the next 10.1 is scheduled soon).
>
> Thanks,
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

FYI.. I tried booting the NetBSD 10.0 CD for macppc yesterday on a
PowerBook G4 12" (with OF 3). The ISO, burned as a hybrid CD, would not
boot (by pressing the "C" key at boot or by selecting the CD option in
the Yaboot menu). I was able to boot what looked like the initial
bootloader from OF using:

0 > boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf netbsd.macppc

But the installation kernel did not seem to boot. So I was not able to
install NetBSD 10.0 on my PB G4 12". I haven't tried any OF 1/2 systems
(Lombard would be a good test case for early OF, since GRUB for Linux
does not work there, though it does work on Pismo). Are you trying to
make macppc bootable also on Old World systems with OF (such as
Wallstreet), or only on New World systems?

-Stan