Port-mac68k archive

Re: MAC68K_MEMSIZE option

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 16:21:27 +0000 (UTC), John Klos wrote:
> Is anyone here familiar with the tooling needed for building Booter
> in Mac OS? I'd like to set something up. I finally found my copy of
> THINK C that I bought decades ago, in case it can be used.

I think the last versions of the Booter were built with CodeWarrior,
which has the downside that project files are generally incompatible
between versions. Make sure you have the matching one.

Alternatively, you can build with MPW (available on ftp.apple.com
mirrors for free), which is slower, and wants to be run off a RAM disk.
Feel free to ask any questions if you decide to go that way.

There are at least two cross build systems for "traditional" Mac
applications, the gcc based <https://github.com/autc04/Retro68> and the
MPW based <https://github.com/ksherlock/mpw> /
<http://wanderingcoder.net/2015/01/30/mpw-on-mac-os-x/>. I have tried
neither for lack of round tuits, but they sound intriguing.

I always meant to import the Booter sources to CVS... don't know how
feasible that still is. You would tunnel through MacSSH (last updated
2010), which may or may not use encryption algorithms still acceptable
to current OpenSSH. Plus, with transition to Mercurial on the horizon,
there is no VCS client on the Mac.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--