Port-mac68k archive

NetBSD on Mac IIfx and GNU/NetBSD

Now that I have a reasonable installation of NetBSD 7.0 working on a Mac
LC III, I'd like to try getting NetBSD 7.0 to work on a Mac IIfx. The
IIfx I'd be using has 32 MB memory, and at 40 MHz it would be much
faster than an LC III for native compiling. The NetBSD documentation
says that there has been some progress getting a Mac IIfx to boot; does
anyone know whether there is a working kernel available? All kernels
I've compiled so far crash with an MMU error.

Alternately, if I can't get NetBSD to work on the Mac IIfx, I'd like to
cross-compile (or use NetBSD's gcc on the Mac LC III) to compile a Linux
kernel; probably 2.4.37.11 would be a good one to try first, along with
all the necessary GNU tools (binutils, coreutils, etc.) for the IIfx. Or
if it's possible to compile a stable NetBSD kernel, use that along with
any relevant GNU tools (GNU/NetBSD?). I see some of the GNU tools (such
as GNU make) are already available as NetBSD packages.

thanks for any advice..

-Stan