Subject: Re: noncontingous DMA segments with mc0 at obio
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: None <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/12/2006 00:34:50
On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 11:28:25PM -0600, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Honestly, I haven't had time to play with it much.  I boot it with a
> monitor attached, and I can see it boots fine.  Remove the monitor and
> hook it back to the network, and it seems not to work.  So an error in
> the onboard ethernet could be causing it.  I will have to check the
> dmesg the next time I have a chance.

BTW, not being able to boot without a monitor is a long-standing
problem. There's a thread from 1996 about the same thing:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mac68k/1996/01/26/0007.html

Most of the responses seem to suggest just wiring up a jumper so the
Mac thinks there's a monitor attached (or plug in a Mac->VGA adapter,
which'll have the same effect). It's possible that the problem you're
running into now isn't the same as the one people were having back
then... so running monitor-less was working for you with NetBSD 2.1?