Port-m68k archive

Re: Patches to fix building m68k with CPUFLAGS

Hello Jake!

On 7/20/20 5:14 AM, Jake Hamby wrote:
> After further testing, I found that GCC 8.4.0 generates bigger, and
> very buggy code, for m68k. I've seen no freezes, uvm errors, or panics
> on illegal instructions with the NetBSD-current build I made with
> "-m68040" and my previous patch, minus the part to change HAVE_GCC
> from 7 to 8.

Is there anything that prevents NetBSD from jumping to GCC-10?

I think that sticking to old and unsupported GCC versions is rather
problematic as this way potential regressions in GCC will be found
very late.

In Debian, where I maintain the m68k port, we are currently using GCC-9
and switching to GCC-10 soonish.

I would prefer NetBSD switching to GCC-10 and it would be great if you
could upstream your GCC patches so that other downstream projects will
profit from these as well.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz