Port-ibmnws archive

Need testing on IBMNWS with cardbus slot

I'm currently borrowing an ibmnws to play around with and try and get a few
things working on.  I've been playing with getting the cardbus slot working,
and *almost* have it working, but it's doing something very odd for me.  When
it reads the CIS data from a pcmcia card, it seems to re-read 64 bytes twice,
then skip 64 and read twice, etc etc.

It was suggested to me that this might be a hardware malfunction in my unit.
Does anyone else have one of these with a cardbus slot?  I have a test kernel
that I would like you to boot, and capture the console output via the serial
port.  If you could put a random pcmcia card in the box and try to boot this
kernel, I would appreciate it greatly.  (also, a cardbus card test would also
be appreciated, but I have no idea if that will work or not, as I don't own any
cardbus cards, yet)

Kernel is at:
http://www.garbled.net/tmp/netbsd.ibmnws.cbb

You should be able to directly netboot this kernel, it is prepared.  It will
spew alot of debugging garbage, don't worry about that, just capture everything.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/