Subject: Trying to get ACPI working ...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakheshster@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/25/2006 16:54:41
Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L10 laptop, and am trying to get ACPI
working on it. I have compiled the kernel with ACPI enabled, and here
are the relevant lines from "dmesg | grep acpi":

acpi0 at mainbus0
acpi0: using Intel ACPI CA subsystem version 20040211
acpi0: X/RSDT: OemId <TOSQCI,L10     ,20020413>, AslId < LTP,00000000>
acpi0: SCI interrupting at int 9
acpi0: fixed-feature power button present
ACPI Object Type 'Processor' (0x0c) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0A03 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0100 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0000 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0B00 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C04 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0200 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C02 at acpi0 not configured
INT0800 at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0F at acpi0 not configured
PNP0303 at acpi0 not configured
SYN1009 at acpi0 not configured
acpiec0 at acpi0 (PNP0C09): ACPI Embedded Controller
acpiec0: io 0x62,0x66
ACPI0001 at acpi0 not configured
ACPI0002 at acpi0 not configured
acpilid0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0D): ACPI Lid Switch
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
PNP0C0B at acpi0 not configured
ACPI Object Type 'Power' (0x0b) at acpi0 not configured
acpitz0 at acpi0: ACPI Thermal Zone
acpitz0: unable to get polling interval; using default of 30.0s
acpitz0: active cooling level 0: 68.0C
acpitz0: active cooling level 1: 61.0C
acpitz0: critical 110.0C passive 56.0C

Any suggestions on what I can do to get the status of my laptop
battery etc? I dont have any lines that go "acpibat ..." -- something
that's needed for battery monitoring etc to work, I believe.

As an aside, I had posted to the netbsd-users list initially, and from
there I was pointed to this post
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amd64/2006/01/05/0005.html) which
tells me that I might have buggy ACPI tables and so need to fix them
etc. I am not sure if that's what my problem really is -- coz I am not
getting any of the error messages pointed out in that post -- and
that's why I am posting to the port-i386 list.

Thanks,
Rakhesh

--=20
NetBSD/i386 3.0 | Toshiba Satellite L10 | http://mail-index.netbsd.org/