Subject: Re: Serious concerns about NetBSD on Intel Mainboards
To: Daniel Cox <danielcox@myrealbox.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/15/2005 13:30:20
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Daniel Cox wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently sent this (archived) message to netbsd-users: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2005/02/09/0001.html

> Maybe I sent to the wrong list?
> I have not received any response or been able to work out how to fix the broken EEPROM. So far Intel has not provided me with anything useful either

As discussed in the thread you referenced - is your card still detected
on the pci bus, just with the wrong device ID?

What does 'pcictl /dev/pci0 list ' say?

Perhaps Peter Fors could contribute his code to dump the EEPROM data,
and we'll see what yours currently contains.

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me